♡ π™Όπš’ π™΅πšŠπšπš‘πšŽπš›'𝚜 π™³πšŠπšžπšπš‘πšπšŽπš› ♡

I don’t know how to explain it  
without sounding like I’m bragging  
or grieving.  

I just move through the world  
with him in my posture.  
Shoulders back, even when  
my heart is tired.  
Eyes open, even when  
I want to believe everyone’s good.  

He didn’t sit me down  
with rules.  
He just was.  
And I watched.  
How he listened.  
How he waited before he spoke.  
How he could be soft  
without ever looking weak.  
How he loved people  
and still knew where the door was.  

So I’m different, I guess.  
Not louder. Not harder.  
Just… awake.  
I feel everything,  
and I clock everything.  
I’ll cry with you  
and I’ll still notice  
if your hands shake  
when you say you’re fine.  

I am my father’s daughter.  
Which means I don’t know how  
to love halfway.  
Or trust blind.  
Or let my guard down  
just because the room is warm.  
It’s not fear.  
It’s muscle memory.  
It’s him saying stay ready  
without ever opening his mouth.  

Sometimes I wish I could be  
like the others.  
Looser. Less careful.  
Less like I’m always  
listening for footsteps.  

But then I remember  
how safe I felt  
just standing next to him.  
And I realize —  
this is safe.  
This is what safe feels like  
when you were raised by someone  
who made sure  
you could make it  
without him.  

So I keep his quiet in me.  
I keep the way he paid attention  
like a second heartbeat.  
I keep the part of him  
that never stopped watching  
so I would never have to  
learn by breaking.  

If you knew him,  
you’ll see him  
in the way I don’t rush.  
In the way I don’t fall  
for the easy version  
of people.  
In the way I can be  
all in  
and still have one foot  
planted in truth.  

I am my father’s daughter.  
And I miss him  
in the way I live.  
Soft, mostly.  
But never, ever  
unready.  

-𝕃ℝ πŸ–€ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R̶e̶d̶ Green Flags

The List No One Admits Exists

Who Prays For Satan?