I am Paradoxical
I talk to the dark when I can’t sleep
because silence is louder than my doubt.
I build walls with my hands
and punish myself for the loneliness
they were meant to prevent.
I crave the blade and the bandage.
I run toward fires just to prove
I can walk out without burning.
Then I weep over the ash
like I didn’t strike the match.
I am the hunger and the fast.
The locked door and the key
swallowed by my own throat.
Tell me I’m healing —
I’ll show you where I hide the knife.
I fall in love with the leaving.
I map every exit in a room
before I learn your name.
But I’ll memorize the sound of your breathing
and call it home. Then I’ll burn the house down
to see if you’d still find me in the smoke.
I want to be understood
without having to explain the rot.
I want to be held
without letting anyone touch the bruise.
I tell people I’m fine
in the same voice I use to scream
into pillows at 3am.
I am terrified of being forgotten
and exhausted by being known.
I collect people like evidence
that I’m not empty,
then push them away to prove
I can survive the hollow.
I am the apology and the offense.
The trembling hand and the fist.
The part of you that begs, stay,
while the rest of me is already
counting the steps to the door.
-𝕃ℝ 🖤
Comments
Post a Comment