The Roommate Phase
You don't break up all at once.
You fade.
One day you are lovers. The next you are logistics.
Did you pay the light bill? Who's getting the kids? Are we out of milk?
No fight. Just silence where laughter used to be.
And both of you feel it. Both of you are lonely in the same bed.
He thinks, "If I say how lonely I am, she'll think I'm blaming her."
She thinks, "If I say how lonely I am, he'll think I'm ungrateful."
So you both say nothing. To keep the peace. And peace slowly kills you.
The paradox of long love:
You have to risk the peace to save the love.
You have to say the ugly, scary thing:
"I miss you. Even though you're right here, I miss you."
"I don't want a perfect marriage. I want a real one again."
Love doesn't die from fighting. It dies from pretending you're fine when you're not.
-LR 🖤
Comments
Post a Comment